The Word Became Flesh – John 1:1-18
3 God created everything through him,
John 1:2-5 Amplified Bible
2 He was present originally with God.
3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him was not even one thing made that has come into being.
4 In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of men.
5 And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it].
John 1:2-5 (MSG)
2 in readiness for God from day one. 3 Everything was created through him; nothing—not one thing!— came into being without him. 4 What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. 5 The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn’t put it out.
- The Word express and gives form to all manifested and created life! The Word is one of the names we call Jesus Christ. HE is that central focal point in which all that is spiritually alive needs to continue to grow and flourish.
- Even when we do not recognize or we’re ignorant of the “Truth” or the “Light” or the “Life” we are still unable to snuff out it’s existence and ultimate worth. The root word in ignorant is to ignore.
- Living under a self form of hypnosis and ignoring the “Truth” does not change reality but instead it places the one under such practices of hypnosis in a self-contained world inside one’s own head where we can be little gods and make up our own rules. This a form of self-deception or”miscreation” and using gifts that God has given us out of His image and likeness to push HIM away instead of drawing nearer. Just as Jesus The Word, draws His power from the father, we can do nothing that is alive outside of Christ!
- In what ways are words different from visual images?
- What was John the Baptist role in relation to the light? (1:6)
- What is the benefit of receiving or believing in the Word? (1:12)
- How and why did the Word make His dwelling among us? (1:14)
- Whose glory did the Word reveal? (1:14)
- What did God give us through Jesus? (1:18)
- Why did the Word become flesh and live among us?
How does a person receive the Word?
What happens when we receive or believe in the Word?
What insights can you gain from seeing Jesus as God’s Word?
Is it John’s love of Jesus or Jesus’ love of John that made them so close in your opinion?
- God Has Come Into The World (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)